· Raw Green Mango – 2 small sized mangoes
· Urad Daal – ½ cup
· White Sesame Seeds – ¼ cup
· Fresh Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
· Oil – 3 TBS
· Red Chilli Whole – 2/3 pieces
· Mustard Seeds – 1 TBS
· Fenugreek Seeds – 1 TSP
· Curry Leaves - Bunch
· Hing – ½ TSP
· Salt – to taste
· Jaggery – 4-5 TBS
· Tamarind – 3 TBS
1. To make this mango pickle, first dry roast the white sesame seeds and urad daal for about 5 minutes. After that, add the fresh coconut and continue to dry roast. Once the coconut has turned golden – Place all the ingredients into a blender and make a coarse powder/paste.
2. In a pan, add oil and begin the tempering by adding red chilli whole and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds crackle, add fenugreek seeds, hing and curry leaves.
3. Immediately after adding the final tempering ingredients, add your raw mango (which should be cut into medium/small sized cubes).
4. Once mangoes have been cooking for a few minutes, add salt and jaggery into the pan. Then add half a cup of water and let it cook for roughly 10 minutes.
5. Finally, add the powder/paste into the pan (which will thicken the pickle). As well as adding tamarind for additional sourness.
6. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, switch off the flame, allow the pickle to cool down, and serve.
|Green Raw Mango|